DATA HYGIENE LUNCH & LEARN
Monday, September 27th from 12:15-1:15pm via Zoom
FREE thanks to a grant from Guardian Life supporting development assistance and education for nonprofits in Berkshire County. Register using the form below.
Data Hygiene is just a fancy name for data maintenance or data clean-up. It’s a messy job, but someone has to do it. Local database expert, Amy Chin, will take you through the elements of accurate data entry, resources for maintaining your database, such as the National Change of Address (NCOA) service, as well as tools for keeping your data clean and consistent.
The benefits of data hygiene are many:
- Saves postage by not mailing to folks who have moved, are deceased or divorced
- Prevents duplicate mailings to the same home
- Makes searching and reporting more accurate and efficient
- Makes target mailings easier
- Prevents ill-will. We don’t want a recent widow(er) to receive “Mr. & Mrs. so & so.” We don’t want one household to receive multiple appeal letters
- Accurately evaluate/report progress towards goals